|Gerald Mauriello, Jr., DPM|
Associate Fellow of the New York Academy of Medicine
Fellow of the American College of Lower Extremity Surgeons
- Sports Medicine
- Medical and Surgical Management of Lower Extremity Conditions, Orthotics, Diabetic Shoes, Diabetic Foot Care, Wound Healing, Amputation Prevention
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey – BA
- Columbia University, Teachers College – MA
- New York College of Podiatric Medicine – DPM
- Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center, Bronx, NYC
- Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers of NYC
- Associate of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Board of Lower Extremity Surgeons
- Faculty Member, Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine
- Extensive experience in Medical and Surgical Management of Lower Extremity Conditions
- Trained on the S.T.A.R. Total Ankle Replacement
- One of only a few DPM’s to complete the Russian Ilizarov training program in Kurgan Siberia
- Board Qualified, American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine
Dr. Gerald Mauriello, Jr., is a Board-Eligible, Podiatric Foot and Ankle Surgeon. He completed his undergraduate education at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey and earned his graduate degree in Health Education from Columbia University’s prestigious Teacher’s College in New York City. He completed a residency in reconstructive foot and ankle surgery at Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers in NYC, where he served as Chief Resident. Following his residency training, Dr. Mauriello was appointed Assistant Professor at the Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine and the Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia, PA. He now brings this level of expertise to Monmouth County.
Dr. Mauriello specializes in complete foot, ankle and lower leg care. His services range from diabetic foot care and orthotics to advanced reconstructive surgery of the foot and ankle. He is one of the only foot and ankle surgeons in New Jersey trained in the latest ankle replacement surgery, the S.T.A.R total ankle replacement. He also has special interest in wound healing, amputation prevention, and limb salvage. Dr. Mauriello completed advanced training at the world renowned Russian Ilizarov Scientific Center for Restorative Traumatology and Orthopaedics, in Kurgan Russia.
Dr. Mauriello believes in exhausting all conservative treatments first, only then appropriate surgical intervention can be considered. His goal has always been to help bring patients back to full activity, while providing the best medical and surgical foot and ankle care. In addition to spending time with his daughter and family, he enjoys watching movies and fly fishing in his leisure time.